Keeping with the tradition of posting these a couple of weeks late…
Ian is six months old! Half a year! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!
So the big things:
- Ian can sit up all by himself.
- He can scoot around on his bottom.
- He can turn himself in circles while seated.
- He leans forward onto his legs, but cannot crawl yet.
- He has pulled himself up onto his knees. (At this age, Isla was pulling up and cruising, so we’re happy he still has fairly limited mobility)
- He can roll all over, although he prefers to sit up.
- He loves to eat. If he sees you eating, he wants to eat, too. His favorite so far seems to be squash. He also really liked chicken + gravy.
- His two favorite toys are his hippo and a double-sided rattle.
- He makes the most hilarious bulldog face all the time.
- We can’t go anywhere without people commenting on him or more particularly, his cheeks.
- Seriously. People are always stopping to talk to him/to us about him.
- He didn’t care much for his Halloween costume, which was an owl.
- He likes being tossed around and pretend dropped.
- He loves watching cars.
- He had a blast with Grammy and Pops visiting from Oregon this month!
It’s been kind of a rough month. He’s been pretty sick. He had a couple of ER visits and a handful of doctor’s visits for a really nasty cough. We’ve been doing breathing treatments with him, which is helping. Because of all the sickness, though, we haven’t bothered with sleep training, and he’s still sleeping in the swing, which his feet hang out over the edge of at this point. Kellen replaced the motor for the second time, so it works, but who knows for how much longer.
We’re switching him out of daycare later this month to an in-home set-up. I’m hoping it results in a healthier, happier baby boy. Not that he’s ever really unhappy. His cranky is by most measures pretty pleasant. Still…we’d like no more ER visits this cold and flu season if we can help it. Fingers crossed.
Mostly I can’t believe we’re halfway to a year with Mr. Man. He’s turning into such a charmer. Just the sweetest, friendliest little guy you could imagine. I can’t believe I was not only pregnant in 2016, but pregnant for a full third of it! This year has flashed by. I can’t believe we do this little amount of time again, and it will be his first birthday.