About Tuga Sunwear
For our sun protection clothing we use fabrics that are made specifically, both through the knitting and dying process, to meet the 50+ UPF standards of blocking 97.5% of UV rays.
They make a variety of protective clothes and accessories for the whole family–even the family dog.
Their reusable swim diapers are made for boys and girls in sizes 3-6 months to 4T.
Our experience with Tuga Sunwear Reusable Swim Diapers
When we were planning our trip to visit family in Texas, where it’s hotter than Hades even in late May, we knew we were going to need swimsuits for the whole family. It’s harder than you might think to find swimsuits for a 2- to 3-month old, and the hardest thing to find was a decent swim diaper. While I knew that I could just use one of our regular cloth diapers, I was concerned about using them in chlorinated water and what it might do to the diapers long-term. And though disposables were just a back-up, they apparently don’t make disposable swim diapers for babies as small as mine.
I came across the Tuga diapers by accident when running a search on Amazon. The diapers are cute, affordable, and obviously protective against the sun, which was a concern for me with my little one. The diaper was a little big for Isla, but it did the job. While we haven’t experienced a #2 in it, when she wet the diaper, we didn’t have any issues with leaks.
- Protects against the sun’s rays.
- Very cute! They come in a variety of colors and patterns.
- Easily fits under a swimsuit without adding a lot of bulk
- Affordable. The diapers only cost $12, which is nice for something you can reuse again and again.
- They are reusable. One less item going in the garbage.
- Not snug enough for my little one when she was at the low end of the weight range. The crotch was very narrow and the leg gussets were too wide for my itty bitty 10 lb. girl.
- While the diaper did fine for #1’s, I’m not sure how it would do for a big #2, considering the fit. (Isla usually only goes #2 in the morning, so there was never an opportunity to test the diaper out during prime poop time.)
Enter to win a Tuga Sunwear Reusable Swim Diaper using the Rafflecopter below. The giveaway will be open from today, June 28 through Sunday, July 8.