About Medela Quick Clean™ Microsteam Bags
These bags can be used to quickly disinfect microwave-friendly breast pump parts and bottles. Just add a couple of ounces of water and drop in whatever you need sterilized, put it in the microwave for ~3 minutes, and your pump parts and bottles are ready to go. Each bag can be used up to 20 times, and each box comes with 5 bags, giving you up to 100 reuses. You can find out more about this product by checking out the Medela website.
Our Experience with Medela Microsteam Bags
These things are amazing. I usually use them at the end of the day. I’ll quickly soak all of my parts and bottles in soapy water, rinse, then drop into this bag. 3 minutes later et voila! Clean parts. I hang them up on my drying rack, and everything is dry and ready to go in the morning. A series of checkboxes on the bags lets you keep track of how many times you’ve used the bag so you know when you hit 20 uses.
- It’s fast and easy! It takes 5 minutes to do the whole process from loading up the bag to the microwave alarm going off to tell you they’re done. Beats the pants off boiling everything.
- The bags tell you everything you need to know. They have instructions for how to use and give you checkboxes to let you know how many uses you have left. Super helpful for new parents who are hopped up on hormones and very little sleep, i.e. suffering from baby brain.
- It’s way cheaper and less bulky than one of those huge sterilizers. This would easily fit into your breastpump bag if you needed to sterilize them at work or while traveling. I took these with me on our trip to Texas. They easily fit into my carry-on.
- You would be surprised how much mileage you will get out of one box of steam bags. The fact that they are reusable is a huge plus to me.
- These things give me peace of mind that my parts and bottles are sterilized and safe for my baby.
- I wish they were bigger. I barely fit all of my pump parts into one. Usually, I have to do at least two cycles to get my pump parts and bottles done.
- I’ve burned myself by grabbing the bag from the wrong end coming out of the microwave. The bags are clearly available, and it’s easily avoidable if you’re paying attention, but. When you’re doing this at midnight in the middle of trying to get ready for bed and you haven’t slept in a couple of days (or a few months), you could miss the orange warning label.
- I wish the bags had more reuses, but. That’s just me getting selfish. 🙂
In all, these are a fan-flipping-tastic product that I can’t recommend enough.
You can buy the Medela Microsteam Bags pretty much anywhere they carry the Medela line of products, like Babies R’ Us or Target, or you can purchase online at Amazon, $6.40/box.
You can enter to win these in my Back to Work giveaway, which starts on Saturday!